Saturday 19 April 2014

It's time... for Elly!

We love having guests join us and each month we offer guest spots to our voucher and blog badge winners. Our DTMSM award (DT Members' Special Mention) is awarded to the entrant who we think has entered the most original and creative piece. Today we have the pleasure of a guest spotlight on our February DTMSM badge winner....


"Hi, I'm Elly and I've joined the crafting world as I've found a video about scrapbooking in April 2010. I asked a hobby shop owner a lot questions and borrowed my first heat embossing tool. I uploaded my first video to YouTube two month later. A few mini books and videos later, I was already addicted to mixed media because I detected the art of Michael DeMeng. Another door opened, as I found Andy Skinner and after my first online workshop with him, I was infected with acrylic paint and all the possibilities with altered art in vintage and steampunk style. Mixed Media has unlimited possibilities, creating art with whatever I can get my hands on."

 "Every day is a new beginning for me. As a lover of altered art, I want to give discarded objects a new life, too. In this case I've altered an old CD and made a clock.

I've glued some vintage LaBlanche papers to the CD's and used paper doilys behind. The cyphers on the main clock are cut outs with epoxy stickers on top and I've assembled a clock mechanism from behind.

The professor is stamped with StazOn on acetate and painted with acrylic paint on the back. The doilies had a treatment with Tattered Angels Chalkboard *orchid* and Glimmer Glaze *saffron*."

 
Such a creative project Elly and the sentiment is perfect! Thank you!

We hope you enjoy Elly's project and will visit her to share some love.

More from the DT in a few days. xxx

7 comments:

  1. a wonderful altered cd from Elly, love the idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation Elly. So inspirational too. I love it. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lucky enough to have a real piece of Elly's art, I love her fun and quirky style. This clock is beautiful and such clever use of old CDs! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic creation by Elly - and so lovely to see her guesting here!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous idea Elly and so creative! A wonderful project! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic piece of altered art Elly!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx