My name is Cec Wintonyk of CW Card Creations and I am honoured to have been asked to be a Guest Designer at Country View Challenges. I have been doing one craft or another since I was small, thanks to my very creative Mother. My obsession with paper really took off 5 years ago when I started to blog about the cards I was making. Since then I have been on a number of design teams and my work has been more focused on vintage or shabby chic. Recently I have started to incorporate more mixed media into my creations.
I live outside Toronto, Canada and my husband of 39 years supports my crafting - quite literally since I have been retired from the accounting profession since 2009. We have one daughter, also very creative who is married and has blessed us with two grandchildren ages 5 and 8.
For my Word Play project, I have created this frilly steampunk card.
The background was white card stock that I inked with Pumice Stone, Frayed Burlap and Black Soot Distress Inks, stenciled with a harlequin stencil and then distressed with my scissors. The text was computer generated and inked with the same colours as the background.
The vintage clock piece was cut from Tim Holtz Grunge Paper and coloured with a Copic marker. The steampunk lady was stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink. I fussy cut her before I outlined her gears with a sparkly black gel pen and coloured her face with Copic markers. The hand is a digital image that was fussy cut and coloured with Copic markers and some Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. The balloon and the corset are also digital images that were both fussy cut and coloured with Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. I added some black gems to the corset along with a skirt of tulle and organza.
Other embellishments are gears and a metal arrow that I coloured with a black Copic marker, a washer and a black button. The flower is made from paper-backed metal tape used in the heating and air conditioning industry. It was cut using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and textured with an embossing stylus. Black acrylic paint was applied to it and immediately wiped off leaving paint in the depressions. Once it was dry the highlights were inked with Cranberry Alcohol Ink and a black gem was added for a centre.