Tuesday 27 January 2015

Sara Emily's making an art doll!

Hello and Good Morning!

Today's post is one from one of our previous Top 3 winners - Sara Emily from Sara's closet - and she's here with a special make and something different for her to share with you all...




Hi! I’m Sara Emily aka sarascloset and I reside in Wilmington, NC, USA with my husband, 16 year old boy/girl twins,and my twin kitties. I started my crafting “career with a box of macaroni, some paper and home made paste as a child. As an elementary aged kid, I would draw and “furnish” rooms. In high school I signed up for every art class I could fit in my schedule. My art was put on hold while I finished college, started and finished a career in Physical Therapy and then raised my kids. When I finally returned about one and a half years ago, it was more to craft than art. So I’m kind of learning as I go, and it has been an amazing and rewarding experience for me.


When Chris over at Country View Challenges asked if I’d want to be a guest designer for Brenda’s challenge “Use Something New to You” I was thrilled and immediately had an art doll in mind! Full details can be found on my blog.This little bunny is nothing like what I had envisioned, but I was able to make it almost entirely from new products. Since I’ve never made an art doll, I guess that’s “new”, too! I hope this inspires YOU to try something you’ve never done or used before, and link up to this inspiring challenge. I can’t wait to see what you create!


A fabulous make, a terrific idea and gorgeous colours - thank you Sara Emily!

So, if you've been looking for a new idea rather than using new products, how about an art doll, such a fab make!

Alison will be here on Thursday with her second, and our final, make for this challenge - don't miss it!

See you Thursday!

Chris and the team xxx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation and such a unique idea! Sara is one very talented lady and it is so lively to see her featured here! Hugs to all,
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so different from your usual makes, Sara! No wonder its new...this is so cute. I love his colors. Hugs.Congrats and nice to see you here, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for allowing me to Guest Design this time! I had such a blast making this little character, but I'm afraid I didn't do too well with my intro--I couldn't insert the link to my project so here is the name of my blog: sarascloset1.blogspot.com. I would love it if you could see the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing Sara! It is such a treat to see Sara here as a guest designer, she is such a talented artist and a wonderful lady! Congrats Sara, I'm off to see all the fun details! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see Sara here and what a fabulous creation... I love her work it is always so inventive! Nikkixx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara- how very sweet this bunny art doll is! I'll be sure to pop in to your blog for details ")

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx