Wednesday 9 August 2017

July Winner, Top 3 & DTSM

Hello everybody!  It's time to announce the July winner of our Challenge, Top Three and Design Team Member Special Mention.  Are you sitting comfortably?  Then let's begin!
 
___________________________

July winner of the £20 Country View Crafts voucher, selected by Random Generator from the challenge entries is...

#23 Lovely Linda
 
 
 
Wow what can I say! There were 128 wonderful entries into my things with wings theme for our July challenge. I was delighted to see so many diverse projects. Thanks so much to everyone who rose to the challenge, it was great fun visiting all your blogs. I'm sorry if I didn't manage to comment on everyone's..I would have been away for days. This however did lead to a dilemma...how on earth could I just chose a Top 3 from the 128? Well after a couple evenings I did manage it and here there are, in the date order they were submitted into the challenge.

As you well know I have a "cute" side too. This sweet little bird card flew into the challenge early on and immediately caught my eye. Gail's CAS (Clean and simple) design is delightful and despite all that white space that little bird stamp and words really gives the feeling of flying and movement. A really super cute card which made me smile.




I love colouring images (when I get the time) and Carol's brilliant dragon stood out with its gorgeous red, white and blue colours. Her colouring is fabulous and he stands out so well on the speckled background. A most unusual "thing with wings" and a striking card.



Nora's gorgeous art journal spread joined the challenge during the last few days of July and what beautiful pages she created. There is so much texture and her painted butterfly is stunning. The fabulous background and colours are so summery too. A really beautiful entry.

So those are my Top 3. Now I just need to reveal my Design Team Special Mention (DTSM)...and it goes to 



Janner obviously knows my weakness for fairies as one of my favourite things with wings...in fact she quite rightly said that it sounded wrong to call a fairy a "thing". This is the most delightful card...those fairies are perfectly silhouetted against the gorgeous stamped and inked background. The monochrome colour scheme works perfectly too for this very magical card and as the sentiment says, "Those who don't believe in magic will never find it".... I could not agree more!

Thanks again to everyone who entered and made it such a pleasure to see so many gorgeous things with wings. Remember that our current August challenge theme is Blues and Greens and we hope to see lots more of your lovely work. Here is the link. Enjoy the summer and happy crafting.

Bye for now,

_____________________________
Fantastic work all around!  Congratulations - your badges will be on their way soon, and we hope you'll display them with pride.

And don't forget there is still lots of time to enter our August Challenge - Blues & Greens


7 comments:

  1. Oh thank you Fairy much! What a lovely surprise for the fairies and myself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to all the winners! Good job! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to all the winners - each card is awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all the winners! Fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason I have only just seen this post-thank you for choosing my Dragon in your Top 3 and congrats to the other ladies
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winner and top picks and thanks so much for picking my CAS card as one of the favourites. I am honoured. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx