Monday 7 October 2019

Augsut & September Challenge Winners, Top 3s & DTSMs

Hello everybody!  It's time to announce the August & September Challenge Winners.  There were some really fabulous entries and we always love seeing what you're inspired to make by each theme.  So here are the August winner of our Challenge and Miriam's Top Three & DTSM followed by the September winner of our Challenge and Rachel's Top Three & DTSM  .  Are you sitting comfortably?  Then let's begin!
___________________________
August Texture's winner of the £20 Country View Crafts voucher, selected by Random Generator from the challenge entries is..

Congratulations Crafty Jean - your winner's code & badge will be with you shortly

Miriam with you again today with my top 3 and designer special mention of the August Texture challenge.

I have to say, I was totally blown away by the amazing projects that were shared for the Texture theme - it actually made my choosing very difficult.

Here are my top 3:


I totally fell in love with Alison's project.  At first glance it looks very subtle and vintage shabby chic, but when you look more into the detail there is so much to see.  I love the layers and textures created here.  Just beautiful.



This is such a textured project - and useful! Win win!  I love the texture on this vase.  And, as we slide into Autumn, it brings back memories of a wonderful Summer.  Just lovely!



I love the clean and simple look of this card.  However, when you look at it more closely you can see the wonderful texture created by paste and also ink.  The layers of colour in the flower compliment it beautifully.

Designer Special Mention:


This project blew me away.  The colours create texture alone, then you combine it with textile and different mediums.  I love the movement created here and even the added addition of the ink splats.  Totally amazing!

So, there you have it.  Thank you to everyone who joined in with the Texture challenge - it was great fin to create and even more fun seeing what you all created.
Miriam
_______________________________________

September winner of the £20 Country View Crafts voucher, selected by Random Generator from the challenge entries is...
Congratulations Laura - your winner's code & badge will be with you shortly



I love this stamp and the tag carol made is so very pretty. Gorgeous colours and a beautiful underwater scene.

Really pretty card with lots of beautiful wildlife!



My super special mention goes to #16 empireofthecat who produced more than one piece for this 
challenge. This  canvas  is just fabulous - so much detail and so much colour and texture! Love it!



Thanks all for your beautiful entries - I wish I could have placed you all!
Hugs
Rachel xx

_______________________________________
Fantastic work all around!  Congratulations - your badges will be on their way soon, and we hope you'll display them with pride.

11 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! Thank you so much lovely ladies, that's made my day like you would not believe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this just totally made my month! Miriam, thank you so much for your Special Mention; it means the world to me! Congratulations to all of the winners! What fabulous projects; I'm sure it made it very difficult to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to all of our winners! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such amazing creations! Many congratulations to all the winners, Top 3 and Designer Special Mentions 😀. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh thanks so much for the special mention! And congratulations to all the winners! Lots and lots of lovely projects to look at this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for choosing me and congrats to all the other winners

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much - I'm thrilled to be one of your August Top 3 - and congratulations to all the other winners - fabulous projects.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done to all... gorgeous work xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so exciting to win a prize! Thank you! Please let me know if I need to contact you. —Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for choosing my Tag in your Top 4 and congrats to all the other ladies
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

We love to know what you think about our site, our challenges and the projects our DT Members and guests donate. All constructive comments are welcome and if you have any questions we have provided a contact form on the sidebar.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and support us. Happy crafting!

Susan and the CVC team xxx